Bergen County Gun Crime Attorneys
CHARGED WITH A CRIME UNDER NEW JERSEY'S GUN LAWS?
Hackensack Weapon Charge Lawyers
New Jersey has some of the strictest gun control regulations in the country. Merely possessing or carrying a firearm in violation of state laws can result in prison time. If a gun or other weapon is connected to another crime, it can add years to the sentence.
The Hackensack criminal defense lawyers of the Rem Zeller Law Group offer sophisticated representation for gun crimes and weapon enhancements. We have helped clients across Northern New Jersey avoid felony convictions and mandatory prison terms. We understand what is at stake and we will fight for you.
Aggressive Criminal Defense Since 1978
Our law firm handles weapons offenses and associated violent crimes or drug charges throughout the state, including Bergen, Hudson, Passaic, Essex, Morris, Sussex and Union counties. Contact us night or day for experienced counsel and defense.
Bergen County Gun Crime Lawyers
Many of our clients are shocked to be charged with a serious felony crime for possessing firearms that they thought were legally owned. We handle the full spectrum of gun crimes and weapon offenses:
- Possession without a New Jersey permit
- Possessing an unregistered or stolen gun
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Transporting weapons into New Jersey
- Possessing illegal weapons (assault rifle, modified shotgun, etc.)
- Possession of a BB gun or airsoft gun (outlawed in New Jersey)
- Carrying a weapon (knife, baseball bat, crowbar, etc.) for an unlawful purpose
Weapon Enhancements on Felony Crimes
Using or carrying a firearm in the commission of another crime can elevate that crime to a major felony or greatly enhance the penalties, including mandatory prison time:
- Aggravated assault
- Bringing a weapon to a fight
- Gun possession in connection with drug charges
- Possession during a burglary
- Armed robbery
- Using a weapon in a kidnapping or sexual assault
Our experienced trial lawyers work to get the gun charges dropped so that we can concentrate on the underlying offense. For illegal gun possession, we force the prosecution to tie the firearm to our client and to prove criminal intent.
Contact Experienced Criminal Defense Attorneys
Led by founding partner and certified criminal trial lawyer Joseph P. Rem Jr., we work as a team to protect our clients in negotiations and in court. We are available day or night at 201-488-1234 if you have been arrested on gun charges or weapon offenses. You can also e-mail us, and one of our lawyers will contact you shortly.top